Wherever the entry point, the means of transportation, or the arrival time of your goods, Affiliated USA will help you move forward!
The customs broker is a licensed specialist of operations and obligations pertaining to U.S. Customs laws and regulations on imports. In order to face the complexity of customs compliance and to save time and money, businesses often delegate the logistical and administrative tasks of customs clearance to an experienced customs broker, such as Affiliated USA.
A unique situation exists in commercial transactions between Canada and the United States. The Canadian company that exports to the United States generally takes the responsibility for the importation to the U.S. for its buyer. The exporter becomes the "Importer of record".
Quick, effective and personalized clearance
We make sure or we ensure that your goods are cleared as quickly as possible.
- Release of goods at all American ports of entry
- Release of goods stored in customs
- In-Bond Cargo Movement
Our qualified staff will see to it that all of our clients' expectations, as well as the U.S. government's many requirements, are met.
- Knowledge of the documentary requirements specific to certain American agencies and departments (Food and Drug Administration, Department of Transportation, Federal Communications Commission, etc.) and products subject to special import measures (Anti-dumping/Countervailing Case Restrictions)
- Verification and presentation of import documents
- Temporary imports
We communicate electronically with the U.S. Customs Network through ABI (Automated Brokerage Interface). This computer network transmits pertinent information on your goods to customs, for entry and compliance purposes.
To ensure the accuracy and uniformity of your customs entries, we have developed computerized profiles for our clients. This way, we are assured that your entry information is consistently applied.
- Determination of tariff classification, of the applicable rates and of your goods' value for duty
- Preparation and presentation of entry paperwork
Major corridor branches remain open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our network of offices, after hours availability and our emergency contacts, who can be reached at any time, were set up to expedite the entry of your cargo.
Despite the fact that release systems have become faster, the procedures involved in clearing your goods through customs can begin well before the arrival of your merchandise – and they can sometimes end only much later. Affiliated USA acts in your best interest to effect the release of your shipments, so that you can move forward, without having to worry about the administrative and logistical tasks of clearing your goods through customs.